PREVENTING THEFTS OF FIREARMS FROM VEHICLES, NSSF BROCHURE . . . In response to the rising number of gun thefts from vehicles, NSSF has produced the brochure “Firearms Safety in Vehicles” to remind gun owners that it’s their responsibility to keep their firearms out of the wrong hands, and that if they must leave a firearm in their car or truck for any period of time, it’s important to take precautions.
SHOT SHOW – THANKS TO ALL INVOLVED . . . By all accounts the 2018 SHOT Show was a huge success. The energy and pulse of the city fits our show and our industry like a pair of custom-fitted gloves. The synergy between the SHOT Show and Las Vegas didn’t happen accidentally, and it didn’t happen without help. NSSF would like to thank the partners who helped make the 40th SHOT Show as great as it was.
INDUSTRY PROMOTES GUN SAFETY IN LAS VEGAS . . . For those who didn’t pass through McCarran Airport in Las Vegas en route to the 2018 SHOT Show, we want you to know that NSSF made sure travelers were aware of the industry’s firearms safety program, Project ChildSafe, and its message of “Own It? Respect It. Secure It.®” through a very visible advertising campaign.
More Guns News:
- Weatherby Inc. announced at the SHOT Show that it is leaving California for the friendlier business and regulatory climate of Sheridan, Wyoming, bringing $5 million in payroll and 70-90 jobs.
- The Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee voted to advance the nomination of Susan Combs as Assistant Secretary of the Interior for Policy, Management and Budget. The NSSF-backed Texas rancher has been a state legislator, agriculture commissioner and comptroller.
- Congressman Richard Hudson (R-N.C.) is the latest elected official who supports hunting and the shooting sports to be the subject of an NSSF Q&A.
- Georgia Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle and Senate Natural Resources Committee Chairman Tyler Harper introduced the Georgia Youth Outdoors Passport Act, with the goal of getting more Georgia youths involved in hunting and fishing.
- The Hawaii House Water and Land Committee unanimously approved NSSF-supported HB 1970 to allow anyone 10 years of age or older to purchase an apprentice hunting license without completing a hunter education course.
- Help your staff discover their inner sales pro by explaining the importance of building a genuine rapport and demonstrating credibility with customers to find that balance between upselling and overselling.
- Associations Now Magazine spotlighted NSSF’s recently launched Operation Secure Store initiative, aimed at helping firearms retailers improve store security.
- ATF Q&A: More great questions came in on our 24/7 NSSF member compliance hotline last week. One question asks, “May a parent or guardian purchase firearms or ammunition as a gift for a juvenile (under 18 years of age)?”
- The latest Firearms and Ammunition Excise Tax Collection report indicates that firearms and ammunition manufacturers reported tax liabilities of $155.3 million in the 3rd calendar quarter of 2017. Log in to see the full report.
- The January 2018 NSSF-adjusted National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) figure of 955,466 is a decrease of 8 percent compared to the January 2017 figure. Log in to see the full data.
- New NSSF video: Former Army Ranger sniper team leader Ryan Cleckner runs through his process for sighting in a new rifle in real-time and delivers several other shooting tips in the process.
- Hornady Manufacturing Co.’s Steve Hornady has been named a chair for Grow Grand Island’s new five-year investment campaign, focused on business and community growth in the Grand Island, Nebraska, area.
- The NWTF, the Council to Advance Hunting and the Shooting Sports and Mossy Oak held a press conference to discuss the need for continued collaborative efforts to secure the future of conservation funding and our hunting heritage.
- An initiative sponsored by Rep. Ron Nate (R-Idaho) that was introduced last week in the House Education Committee would allow and encourage school districts to adopt an elective course in firearms safety education.
The post Bullet Points – Weekly Firearms Industry Newsletter 2-6-2018 appeared first on ODU Magazine-North America’s #1 Digital Fishing Magazine.